WEDNESDAY 8th – THURSDAY 9th JUNE (07:00 – 18:00)
Dear Sir/ Madam
Cambridgeshire is in the heart of the British agricultural industry, and we are very pleased to be working again with Robert Law in hosting and organising the leading arable event in Europe. Cereals attracts around 350 exhibitors and 18,000 farmers and industry professionals over the two days of the event.
We have introduced a routing and parking system for all our visitors this year to reduce the impact of the event traffic on local residents and commuting traffic. (Please see schematic plans at end of this letter) As part of our overall traffic plan, Cambridgeshire County Council are issuing Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders authorising one-way systems and speed restrictions on certain roads for the two days of the event and for the build-up and breakdown period of the event which extends from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 12th June.
We would like to highlight the following to you:
Please note, the show site is in a slightly different location and allows us to not implement so many road restrictions as in previous years.
- 1) The Show Site will be set up in the preceding weeks and removed in the days immediately after. These vehicles will access the site from the ‘T’ junction of Chrishall Road and the A505 and exit along Chrishall Grange Road back to the A505. The Gate onto the site will be referred to as the South Gate. The North Gate on Grange Road is for Event Day Visitors Only.
· Cereals Site Location
- Residents located on Chrishall Road between the A505, and the Cereals Site entrance (South Gate) will have access for the whole period but are advised to exercise extra care as there will be large articulated vehicles using this route during the build-up and break down period.
The best route for access to the A505 from Chrishall Grange is to continue travelling northeast on Chrishall Grange Road and join the A505 at the ‘T’ junction nearer Duxford.
Please note that during the two days of the event (Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th June) both Chrishall Road and Chrishall Grange Road will be very busy with inbound and outbound event traffic. There will be traffic light control at this junction to allow smooth ingress and egress from the South Gate.
We advise that, if at all possible, this road is avoided during the periods quoted.
- 2) Grange Road [North – Duxford] from West (Chrishall Grange end) towards East (Duxford end) one way – From 06:00 to approximately 13:00 in a westerly direction (from Duxford) and then be reversed to run in an easterly direction from the site back to Duxford until 19:00 on both days, Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th The section of Grange Road from the east side of the M11 ‘over bridge’ to junction with Hunt Road / Ickleton Road at Duxford will be operated as a two-way traffic flow system to allow residents access to Bustler’s Rise and this east section of Grange Road. Residents on the section of Grange Road on west side of the M11 ‘over bridge’ will need to conform to the one-way system when leaving their properties.
The alternative route, from Duxford to Chrishall Grange, is via Hunt Road, north to A505 roundabout then follow A505 westbound over the M11 to first turning for Chrishall Grange.
- 5) Temporary Speed Restrictions – will be in place on following roads:
- A 30-mph restriction will apply on the length of Chrishall Grange Road from its junction with the A505 to Chrishall Grange Cottages and with Chrishall Road from its junction with the A505 to the junction with Chrishall Grange Road. The 30mph limit will be from 06:00-19:00 daily on both days of the event only.
- A 40-mph restriction will apply on the A505 just West of the junction with Chrishall Road to just East of the junction with Chrishall Grange Road between 0600 – 19:00 daily, on both days of the
- 6) Temporary Traffic Signals – will be in place at the following
- On Chrishall Grange Road at its junction with Chrishall Road (Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th June: 06:00 – 19:00). This is to assist with inbound (exhibitors) and outbound event traffic using the South Gate from the Cereals site.
- On A505 at junction with Chrishall Road (Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th June: 06:00 – 19:00). This is to assist with inbound and outbound event traffic using the South Gate for the Cereals site heading west to Royston and beyond. Please note traffic will not be able to turn right out of Chrishall Road onto the A505.
Please note these Temporary Traffic Signals will be ‘manually operated’ and only used when traffic flows determine it is necessary to implement traffic control.
- Delays on approach roads may be experienced during the Inbound and Outbound peak periods of the show and for which we apologise for any inconvenience this causes. We are making contact with the school buses that require access in the mornings and afternoons to ensure access is as smooth as possible.
Thanking you for your co-operation. Yours faithfully,
Natasja O’Connor Operations Manager
Comexposium Cereals Exhibitions